Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snowed in and other stuff

I voluntarily snowed myself in today at home. It was fantastic. Nails were did. Wrapping was done. More Canon Rebel bible was read. As well as another literary visit to Forks with all its vampire and werewolf goodness. Even had a nice breakfast with my daughter before I sent her off to school. And the day went by at a nice SLOW pace. 



I'm starting to believe in sunglass karma. In my lifetime I have come upon two or three pairs of designer shades in my possession as happy accidents. It seems almost in direct proportion of acquiring new eyewear, the shades that I purchase seem to disappear with as much ease. Its maddening. Someone somewhere is walking around with some nice polarized Revos. And last week, a super cute pair of Jackie-O's went back into the give-and-take universe that is karma. I just hope she enjoys them. 

Last week I was engrossed in wrapping up a project (read: mess) in the guest room. I have been slowly unloading the contents of Barbie's closet filled with clothing from the very beginning and sorting it into labelled and sized totes. Not sure what we are doing with the contents at this point other than stacking them up in the guest room closet while we consider their fate. If Webster is looking for a visual of the word PROCRASTINATION (or DENIAL for that matter), this closet is a pretty good example.



Many tears were shed as the micro-sized onesies and sweet-smelling receiving blankets saw the light of day for the first time in almost 3 years. Barbara was intrigued and raided the piles of the little ensembles and proclaimed 'dibs' on her choices heirmarked for her babies. She had to keep asking why I was crying, which is really difficult to put into words that a toddler can understand. I hugged her a lot during the process and she most certainly now must think I may be a bit more unstable than she previously thought. All this in preparation for her big girl room transformation. Santa will be bringing a big girl bed this year. And a new chapter begins. More on this minor remodel project to come. 

Speaking on procrastination, I tackled a project recently that I had been putting off because of fear... repotting and downsizing my beloved fern. The time had come and I was convinced that it would make it a healthier, stronger plant.



I've been a mommy to this fern since 1988. It has moved with me 6 times. It had nearly died from dehydration more times than I can remember. Its survived the wrath of both a new puppy (who chewed off the entire bottom wrung) and a grabby infant learning to walk (looking for a handle). I bit the bullet a few weeks ago and did it while the weather was still good. Carefully I separated the two overgrown stalks from the smaller, more healthier one and repotted it in a new container with new dirt.

Over the past few weeks it looks very reminiscent of Charlie Brown's Christmas tree. I killed it. I am so bummed.

No comments: